hawkeye, an integrated digital agency is looking for a Business Analyst in our Dallas, TX office.
The Business Analyst is responsible for defining and implementing business analyst methodologies and processes for the Interactive Team.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for designing and documenting workflow, managing and providing solutions to the business units, collecting business requirements (should be familiar with business process management), and translating these requirements to user and system requirements as necessary
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and/or 6+ years of experience in Business Analysis or a relevant combination of education and experience.
• Requirements-gathering techniques such as brainstorming, interviews, focus groups, workshops, questionnaires, etc.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Identify risks and dependencies early and proactively bring them to the leadership team’s attention.
• Collect, analyze and translate business needs into functional specifications and system requirements.
• Ability to see the big picture and break down business requirements to create multiple user paths, based upon the platform or channel in which the process is being performed (e.g., desktop vs. mobile) while fulfilling the same end goal.
• Provide functional and technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
• Define and document business requirements, business process flows and diagrams.
• Research and prioritize user requirements, functional requirements and specifications.
• Create use cases using standard modeling formats.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Collaborate with User Experience, QA and Development team members to ensure that requirements are understood and met.
• Map functionality to system components, develop system test plans and test scripts, and create Traceability Matrix.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
• Provide input and review other deliverables as appropriate (e.g., page schematics or interaction designs).
• Articulate and demonstrate understanding of the roles of other team members, including Information Architects, Visual Designers, Copywriters, Technology, QA, etc.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• A thorough understanding of online marketing/advertising, including the core metrics, terminology, strategy and data involved in optimization and tactical implementation of campaigns.
• Ability to work independently within a team and manage multiple tasks across multiple projects.
• Ability to interact directly with the client.
• Ability to interpret client pains, issues and requests into actionable requirements (for feature enhancement).
• Proven ability to operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects.
• Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
• Experience with development methodologies, life cycles and best practices.
• Well-versed in Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
• Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription plans
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Medical and Dependent Care
• Basic Life, AD&D Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance (offered)
• 401(k) program with employer match
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Paid Time Off and Holiday Schedule